What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Security

aecoles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Where do I find email security settings on my ipad 2?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The only security settings for Mail are in the accounts settings. Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars and choose your account. Tap on the Account item. The exact locations and availability of security settings depend on the account type, so you may have to dig around a bit. Besides the password, the only two settings you are likely to find are SSL and S/MIME. The first needs to be on or off depending on your provider's requirements. I haven't the foggiest idea of how to set up and use S/MIME.

OP
A

aecoles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi skimonkey.........I had received an email with pictures attached. There was a message and it said "to protect against computer viruses, email programs may prevent sending or receiving certain types of file attachments. Check your email security settings to determine how attachments are handled."

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi skimonkey.........I had received an email with pictures attached. There was a message and it said "to protect against computer viruses, email programs may prevent sending or receiving certain types of file attachments. Check your email security settings to determine how attachments are handled."

Hi aecoloes--I have not come across this when opening attachments from email on my iPad. I have 3 email accounts set up and when I don't see anything else then want twerppoet had stated above.

My work email does in fact have the SSL turned on, but not the s/mime. I am not certain what that is for to be honest.

We're you able to open the attachment even after you received this message?

Most reactions

Latest posts