What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Working securely from Public Hotspots

miguels

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone offer any security tips or measures to allow my Ipad 2 to work as securely as possible from Public Hotspots?

Regards
Michael

mikesus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone offer any security tips or measures to allow my Ipad 2 to work as securely as possible from Public Hotspots?

Regards
Michael

Get a router that has VPN and VPN back to your house.

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
you don't have much option when out in public hotspots. The key, when you're not protected behind your own home security measures, is to take the chance and use sensitive info as little as possible on it.

You must also take into account the paranoia factor - just because there's no security, that doesn't automatically mean you're being hacked or monitored.

I'm not too bothered when out in public, but I would check bank accounts and all that until I got home.

Laban

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But in theory, if I log on to my Gmail or Facebook, someone could see my password? Only https makes the connection secure?

Sent from my OMNIA7 using Board Express

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts