1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Ipad security. Will vpn cover this?

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by Greygoose_ipad, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Greygoose_ipad

Greygoose_ipad iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    IM doing more and more with my iPad lately, but It recently dawned on me that my transmissions from my iPad when on a public network are not secured. I'm looking for a solution that will protect my outgoing messages when on a a public network. I'm considering using hamachi as a VPN, but from what I've read , it looks like it only sets up security between two computers. Is this not the case.? Will hamachi secure my outgoing data transmissions when on a public network?

Thanx

Greygoose
  2. jamessmith

jamessmith iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Well, you are right that using your ipad on public places are not safe. Though anyone can look into your data and the hackers community or sniffers can easily hack your data and play with you precious information. However, if you use vpn then all your data will be pass through a secure channel which will not let anyone to see your data...and since no one can see it. It is quiet obvious that the chance of getting hacked is almost Zero :)

I have been using vpn since last 8 months and i have tried various VPN Providers. I recommend you to try even Hidemyass, PureVPN or StrongVPN.

They are among the best and most reliable in the whole industry and with an affordable price as well...

Although, i do not have ipad but i am using it as iphone vpn on my IP 4... Simply rocks...It allows PPTP and L2TP which are well famous for its fast speed and connectivity and i always rated it as best vpn iphone. Currently i am using StrongVPN.

Hope this will help you my friend...!!!
    • Like Like x 1