What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

securing old jailbreaked os?

Spielor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi!
i have to bring my pad to the store as a button doesnt work properly.
now as apple states every ipad looses its guarantee if it is jailbreaked i have to unjailbreak it. would be easy just updating to the new os but i would really like to keep my os as it is now.
is there any way to make a copy of my os including everything on the pad and putting it back on later (like with pwnage for the iphone?)

cheers

jens

LGgeek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you will have to re-jailbreak when you get it back, more than likely it will have the latest OS on it . So in order to re-jailbreak you will have to downgrade to 3.2.1, since it's already jailbroken you should have shsh blobs on file with cydia ( check and make sure).

To check fire up cydia and look at top of the home screen, you should see "This device has SHSHs on file for iPhone OS/IOS: 3.2,3.2.1,3.2.2"

so to re-jailbreak, get copy of 3.2.1 firmware , add Saurik's server to your hosts file and then do a restore of the 3.2.1 firmware then re-jailbreak.

OP
S

Spielor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hmm. i cant see this written on the cydia home screen :(
also where do i get the copy of 3.2.1? can i still download it from apple?

DSSK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got my iPad a few days ago and hadn't really read about jailbreaking until now. iTunes already updated it to 3.2.2 Do I have any hope for jailbreaking?

Most reactions

Latest posts