What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

screencast in iPad?

Riyo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
is there an app, or another way, that let's you record screencasts on an iPad?

Thanks

OP
R

Riyo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am looking for a way to record the screen via VIDEO, sorry that I was not clear

Bluray

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am looking for a way to record the screen via VIDEO, sorry that I was not clear
I don't think this is possible for now unless there's an app out there that we don't know about which can do this..

OP
R

Riyo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it is possible, have a look at eddale.co (I think that is the link) .. he recorded what is happening on his screen of his iPad

terry.k.morrow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Riyo said:
it is possible, have a look at eddale.co (I think that is the link) .. he recorded what is happening on his screen of his iPad

Actually that's a screen cast from his Mac, using the iPad environment...which I think can be done if you're a ios developer.

fredrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am not sure about that terry. He mentions that he is now able to do this with the ipad2 without jailbreak. The fact that he is mentioning the ipad2 makes me think that the solution might be related to the newest features introduced with it.

Basically no need jailbreak and not a solution that could be done on ipad 1

The screencast/ screen recording is done on Screenflow, that is for sure. What is interesting is how is he able to display his ipad screen on a window on the mac?

That is the real question. How can you show your ipad screen on your mac? As well, whatever the solution, must be something that works on all ipad apps.

Any ideas out there?

terry.k.morrow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well maybe you're right. But to answer one of you're questions...how to show your iPad on your Mac...if you're an iOS app or a Mac app developer, you're able to show your iPhone or iPad on your Mac. It's a virtual environment to test apps. That's one way to do it. That's why I figured he was recording the screen cast from his Mac and not from his iPad.

terry.k.morrow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok after looking at it again, yes I'm positive he is recording this ON his Mac. And yes most likely using screen flow. And most likely he's using the iPad environment you have for app development unless screen flow has somehow added that function now.

What I thought was the root question, and how I eneded up in this thread, is: can you record a screen cast of your iPad FROM your iPad. And I still haven't found that solution.

Pully

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I sure there is yet to be ann app which allows this but could it be possible using the hdmi output?

fredrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi terry, yes he is totally using Screenflow to record his mac screen and on his screen he has an app or something displaying his ipad in realtime

Pully I think you are right because he mentions that before he used to jailbreak his ipad 1 to be able to do these screencasts but now he doesn't have to with the ipad2.

This makes me believe that indeed he is using the hdmi output. The thing i can't figure out is how to then connect your hdmi output to your mac. Not on a monitor or tv but instead to have it on a window on your mac so that you can use screenflow to record your screen...

fredrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
by the way guys, will post the screencasts urls for reference shortly (need 3 posts lol). Notice how you can see his desktop background?

fredrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
here are the links

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8q-qP6sSwY]YouTube - Content Creation Workflow - Brainstorming With iThoughts HD[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy0zA7SPQCQ]YouTube - Mr Reader For iPad Review[/ame]

Most reactions

Latest posts