What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen problem

Chrisminipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a problem with my screen there is an inch wide strip on the right hand side of the display that is full of multi coloured pixels but the rest of the screen is fine. Has anybody else experienced this? Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    857.1 KB · Views: 241

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It looks like it could be a screen failure. Is your iPad still under warranty? A trip to an Apple Store for a Genius Bar appointment would confrm this.

OP
C

Chrisminipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately it's out of warranty and I also dropped it shortly after buying it. Everything has been fine for well over a year since. I was hoping it may be a loose cable for the screen :(

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately it's out of warranty and I also dropped it shortly after buying it. Everything has been fine for well over a year since. I was hoping it may be a loose cable for the screen :(

Hello and sorry for your problem - with screen issues such as yours, some users have turned the iPad over and gently tap on the back w/ their other palm (might tap in the middle & four corners) and the screen returned to normal (likely a partially loose cable).

If you're handy electronically, take a look for an appropriate manual at the IFixit Website, i.e. you would have to take the device apart and see what might be loose?

But I agree w/ Scifan... - the partial edge screen disruption is likely more than a cable - you could always take your iPad into an Apple store (or an authorized repair shop) and get an estimate - good luck & let us know your results; might help others. Dave :)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Genius Bar appointments and the device diagnosis are free. When you know exactly what's wring and what the repair cost will be, then you can decide whether or not it's worth paying for the repair or upgrading to a newer device.

Most reactions