What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sister's Mini screen is broken.

Squirrel71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:( My sister's Mini that I bought her as a gift is having a screen issue. She turned it on yesterday, and the bottom part of the screen is flickering, and there are vertical lines along the right hand side. She didn't drop or bang it and it is always in a case. I made an appointment to bring it in to our local Apple store but someone else said they called Apple and Apple sent out a replacement, and the process was easy.

Any thoughts on which route I should go with this? I have tried restoring several times.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
:( My sister's Mini that I bought her as a gift is having a screen issue. She turned it on yesterday, and the bottom part of the screen is flickering, and there are vertical lines along the right hand side. She didn't drop or bang it and it is always in a case. I made an appointment to bring it in to our local Apple store but someone else said they called Apple and Apple sent out a replacement, and the process was easy.

Any thoughts on which route I should go with this? I have tried restoring several times.

If you call and they agree to replace the iPad, you'll have to wait for the replacement to be sent, as well as sending back the broken one. If you take it to an Apple store and they agree it's a warranty issue, they'll exchange it on the spot. In either case, make a full backup before taking the iPad in or sending it back. You can then set up the replacement iPad from the backup you made.

OP
Squirrel71

Squirrel71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Took it in today, and they replaced it for her..absolutely painless.

Most reactions

Latest posts