1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

School Provided iPads:Securing them for use at home.

Discussion in 'iPad at School' started by DrBOnline, May 6, 2012.

1. DrBOnline

DrBOnline iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    With all of the new 1:1 initiatives with iPads, how can CIPA regulations be met if students are allowed to take home the iPad? Web filtering on the school network is one thing, but when they take home it is a new ball game.
  2. KevinJS

KevinJS Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +766 / 0
    Here's one possible answer from the regulations, and thanks for the question, by the way. Being in Canada I was unaware of these regs. They will definitely have to be borne in mind when we attempt to help educators.

CIPA does not require the tracking of Internet use by minors or adults.

If I read anything into this line, it is that the responsibility of the school ends when the iPad leaves the school premises. What children do at home is the responsibility of their parents, and schools cannot, and (in my opinion) should not, be held responsible.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad 4 HD mini