What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saving new contacts

cobra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since I upgraded to 4.2.1 on my IPad I cannot save a new contact in Contacts. Any ideas what's wrong? Thanks.

OP
C

cobra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Problem solved

Self repaired overnight. I guess it just needed a good nights sleep.

Twinmum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We just started to add contacts today and after adding about 6, we can't add any more. The save button can be pushed, but nothing happens and the cancel button is unavailable so the only thing we can do is hit the home button. Very annoying as we want to add more contacts.

Pennie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Contacts cant be saved

Ditto. Good to see the full issue spelled out. I am making an appointment at Apple and good to be able to show that others have the same issue of not saving contacts aftetseveral are entered

Twinmum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Happy to say that like the original poster, my save problem resolved itself the next day. We did find a workaround the first night when it wasn't working - we were able to edit existing entries, but not save new ones, so I synced the Ipad with my windows mail contacts and thus ended up with a heap of contacts on there. Of course a lot of them were contacts we did want on there that just needed a few more details added, but we also got a number of contacts that were able to be edited to what we wanted to add but couldn't.

littlehoof

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can't save contacts to iPad after update

I had the same issue and it seems that a hard restart (holding the off switch and center button at the same time until white apple appears) fixed the problem.

abusen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any one Know is it possible to make a group in IPAD contact like family or friends?

Pennie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks iPad Noob. The hard restart (Control-Alt-Delete for us PCers) worked and I was able to finish loading in my contacts.

Ruby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks so much....I followed your advice and can now save new contacts!
Ruby

Most reactions

Latest posts