What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Samsung Airs New Anti-iPad Ads to Promote its Galaxy Tab S

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score

Microsoft seems to have stopped, at least for a while, from its anti-Apple advertising philosophy. However, it looks like Samsung believes in its efficiency as it has released two new ads aimed at the iPad. Have a look at both of them below

As you can see, in the first video, Samsung reiterates the same idea that Apple's mobile OS does not support "true" multitasking. The video depicts a father who fails to share a tablet, which seems quite like an iPad, with his seem. He isn't able to track a soccer match and keep his baby entertained with "Rio" in the same time. Then the video ends with the following:

What's going on? Ah, it looks like dad's tablet can only do one thing at a time. What if it were a Samsung Galaxy Tab S? With the Galaxy Tab S, the whole family has something to smile about

The second spot is more of a take on the LCD technology, along with a very detailed explanation on the Super AMOLED's advantages.

What went wrong here? Ah, it's not a Super AMOLED. What if it were a Samsung Galaxy Tab S? Compared to many LCDs, Super AMOLEDs give you 100 times higher contrast. Instead of 1000-to-1, you get 100,000-to-1 contrast.

What's your impression of these ads? Let us know by leaving your comment below.

Elux72

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Unless Apple goes completely down the drain and out of business, I'm sticking with it, and am quite uninterested in any other brand, at least as far as phones and tablets go.

anilnc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For me, I didn't felt its like ipad they're. It could be anything. There was no apple logo at the back of the other tablet in the spot.
And even if they're comparing directly with their competitor, its quite understandable. Because after-all, Samsung has compared apple products and researched apple products thoroughly to bring their products to market that will look similar and so that they can get improvements and new ideas.

I never used samsung but use ipad mini. While purchasing ipad mini, i didn't like the feel of samsung tablet on my hand, the plastic, OS, etc. After using ipad mini more than a year, I never experience any heat issues that many other tablet users used to say. Only once when i was trying to play a heavy game for more than 2 hours, i felt little warm.

Another important point related to these ads, apple must reduce their price.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't see the specific attack towards apple here. Samsung is just touting their features and things their tablets do well. I have no problem with this and I can't see why anyone does. Apple makes ads too that are sometime a little odd or whatever. So be it. But what y'all want! :)

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Another important point related to these ads, apple must reduce their price.

Sorry I totally disagree the quality build of apple devices and with apps that are made for iPad make the experience so much better not to mention excellent support. You get what you pay for and frankly like millions of others I am prepared to pay the price for quality products

Most reactions

Latest posts