What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benchmarks: the iPad Air 2 Beats Samsung Galaxy Tab, Nvidia Shield, Sony Xperia Z2

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
ipad-air-2-hero-01.png

The iPad Air 2 is already available for pre-order and some of you are probably looking forward to get one shipped home quite soon. Here's an interesting piece of information to share with you that will help assess the power packed inside the second-generation iPad Air.

According to some benchmark tests run by LaptopMag, on the Geekbench 3, scale which measures multi-core performance, the iPad Air 2 notched 4,547. That's more than 1.5X higher than the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 (2,776 with octa-core Exynos CPU) and more than 1,000 points higher than the Tegra K1-powered Nvidia Shield Tablet (3,437).

The publication goes on saying that only Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 and its 1.9-GHz Intel Core i5-4300U scored more, registering 5,665. The 2013 iPad Air scored 2,694 on the same test, so we can see that the current iPad Air 2 is already more than double.

On the 3DMark Ice Storm Unlimited graphics test, the tablet scored 21,660, which is much better than the Galaxy Tab S (13,481) and last year's Air (14,850). However, the Shield Tablet (29,938) and Surface Pro 3 (33,614) both beat the iPad. But they come with lower-resolution screens, which makes the job a little easier.

Source: LaptopMag

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No doubt the Air 2 is a screamer. Honestly, I feel my Air is pretty darned fast too. These tablets these days are blazing.... :)

Most reactions

Latest posts