What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sales in non apple stores

Status
Not open for further replies.

pooner91

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi there all

just wondering if anyone knows when other non apple stores will be selling the ipad 4?
I'm in the uk and work for a supermarket so would be nice to use staff discount on it.
however i cant seem to find any info on it.

thanks

chris

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yup, I bet most stores that normally carry the iPad will have some stock on Nov 2.
How long it lasts will be another story....

I_luv_Apple

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm from the UK to and I've been informed that in London all stores will be releasing the iPad on 2nd November.:) one more day to go :)

cyndy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I called Best Buy today, and they said they were only getting the Mini Nov. 2nd. I was shocked, I traded that 3 back to BB thinking I only had 8 days to go iPadless. I asked if he knew when they were getting the iPad 4. He said Apple didn't tell them, but they did tell them they couldn't even take preorders. I also noticed they took a whole $50 off the iPad 3. Maybe they are holding iPad 4s until they get rid of those 3s.

Maybe I should of just ordered from Apple Store or plan on heading out to the nearest Apple store a couple hours ago.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I called Best Buy today, and they said they were only getting the Mini Nov. 2nd. I was shocked, I traded that 3 back to BB thinking I only had 8 days to go iPadless. I asked if he knew when they were getting the iPad 4. He said Apple didn't tell them, but they did tell them they couldn't even take preorders. I also noticed they took a whole $50 off the iPad 3. Maybe they are holding iPad 4s until they get rid of those 3s.

Maybe I should of just ordered from Apple Store or plan on heading out to the nearest Apple store a couple hours ago.

That's a bummer...
That's why I just ordered it......I knew I'd get one, no waiting in line, and it comes right to your door! :thumbs:

cyndy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Calledl again to Best Buy a min ago. They said they did get the 4 in this morning. I said, "The ipad 4, not the mini, 'cause you said you wouldn't be getting them in today?" She said, no, they have them, what did I want? I said a 32 white, and could you save it until tomorrow morning? She hemmed a little (the 16 they have much more of, the higher memory and white, a bit scarcer). But, bless her heart, she did. So I had a saved order on Apple, cancel that.

At any rate, call Best Buy and they do have them, even if they told you they wouldn,t.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Calledl again to Best Buy a min ago. They said they did get the 4 in this morning. I said, "The ipad 4, not the mini, 'cause you said you wouldn't be getting them in today?" She said, no, they have them, what did I want? I said a 32 white, and could you save it until tomorrow morning? She hemmed a little (the 16 they have much more of, the higher memory and white, a bit scarcer). But, bless her heart, she did. So I had a saved order on Apple, cancel that.

At any rate, call Best Buy and they do have them, even if they told you they wouldn,t.

Good for you!
Enjoy it, I'm sure enjoying mine big time.

Not surprised @ BB lack of knowledge concerning the iPads or anything else.
Geez, You think they'd have a clue what they are getting in stock. :thumbsdown:

Wokiebear

iPF Novice
Reaction score
my som works at BB AND in charge of selling the iGadgets as a manager. Sometimes you are too harsh on the worker bees. The worker bees at BB were totally caught off guard that iPad4 was coming out, and didn't know until 3 days later when they would get them o be able to offer as a product for sale. What one is NOT told from higher up, one cannot say. Cut some slack, and my son has a reputation that he is constantly requested by customers to help them only"because he knows what he's doing.". He was furious that they were not informed by anyone. Maybe the higher ups didn't even know. He really takes pride in trying to help! Give them a break!

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wokiebear said:
my som works at BB AND in charge of selling the iGadgets as a manager. Sometimes you are too harsh on the worker bees. The worker bees at BB were totally caught off guard that iPad4 was coming out, and didn't know until 3 days later when they would get them o be able to offer as a product for sale. What one is NOT told from higher up, one cannot say. Cut some slack, and my son has a reputation that he is constantly requested by customers to help them only"because he knows what he's doing.". He was furious that they were not informed by anyone. Maybe the higher ups didn't even know. He really takes pride in trying to help! Give them a break!

THANK YOU Wokiebear for posting your thread. Too often we only see the company and not the people who work there. It is very easy to criticize any company and forget that the people who work there do care and they work hard to stay there at least most of them.

Last edited:

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I've had good service at BB, and I agree that people should give customer service workers a break.

Also, people are individuals. It's not fair to broad brush everyone at BB or any other store, for instance. I had one nitwit wait on me at an Apple store, telling me stuff I knew couldn't be right. I figure he was a bad apple, lol. I find when I get the rare person who isn't helpful, I just ask someone else. It's not worth getting in a snit. It's just shopping, lol.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I absolutely love our Best Buy store in our area! They have great customer service and follow through whenever my husband and I wanted anything. We have purchased numerous things from them without any issue. Highly respectable and very energetic group there. In fact,I worked with a salesman named, Josh, yesterday with my iPhone! He was so nice and helpful. They have never let me or my husband down!! :)

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not to start a war but I tell it like it is.......
BB is not all it used to be....their stock prices and constant CEO changes tell you all is not well at the Electronics giant.

Nobody here is picking on single individuals that work at the stores........but it trickles down from the top and is reflected to the customer.
Not knowing Apple released an iPad mini and new iPad 4 is ridiculious and inexcusable for an electronics giant retailer like BB......come on, they should know it sooner than you or I do.
Continuing to sell iPad 3 at full price and not telling customers of the new offerings is just plain wrong.

It's not just our imagination......experience is everything. We probably have 20+ stores in our area........can't say much is different between them.
Do a Google on Best Buy customer service reviews and sit back and read.
I personally hope they can fix things and restore customer confidence........they are one of the last big electronic giants and it would be a shame to lose them.

• Best Buy customer service is ranked #255 out of the 576 companies that have a CustomerServiceScoreboard.com rating with an overall score of 38.72 out of a possible 200 based upon 504 ratings. This score rates Best Buy customer service and customer support as Disappointing.
  • The 1,400-store chain has been without a permanent CEO since April, when Brian Dunn resigned amid a probe by the board of directors into his conduct with a female staffer. Turmoil surrounding the company has only grown since then: Founder and leading shareholder Richard Schulze has publicly announced an unsolicited proposal to take the company private, and its latest quarterly earnings fell 91%.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not to start a war but I tell it like it is.......
BB is not all it used to be....their stock prices and constant CEO changes tell you all is not well at the Electronics giant.

Nobody here is picking on single individuals that work at the stores........but it trickles down from the top and is reflected to the customer.
Not knowing Apple released an iPad mini and new iPad 4 is ridiculious and inexcusable for an electronics giant retailer like BB......come on, they should know it sooner than you or I do.
Continuing to sell iPad 3 at full price and not telling customers of the new offerings is just plain wrong.

It's not just our imagination......experience is everything. We probably have 20+ stores in our area........can't say much is different between them.
Do a Google on Best Buy customer service reviews and sit back and read.
I personally hope they can fix things and restore customer confidence........they are one of the last big electronic giants and it would be a shame to lose them.

Your experience is yours, of course. But customers like Skimonkey and me also know what our experiences are.

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
Understood. But the point I think all of us agree on is, despite whatever the corporate short comings, front line employees are doing the best they can with the information they have on hand.

An interesting exchange but let's please move on.

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts