What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari

Ibill

iPF Novice
Reaction score
seeing how Apple refuses to give us what we want is there anyway to go back a page with out pulling down that annoying non lockable toolbar? A secret unknown to me? And is there a way to increase the font size and it stays locked on that web site. Mercury has that feature plus a locking toolbar. Problem with Mercury is some web sites don't play well in iOS and the back button takes you back to the middle of the page instead of where you were. Just annoying little things I didn't have on my windows lap top. I won't get into the refusal of Apple giving me a keyboard with numerals with out doing a fancy dance! LOL. Yes, I have Flesky but it doesn't play fair either.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
To return to the page you've seen before, in the same tab, slide with one finger from the left border of the screen, just a short distance will be enough.

OP
Ibill

Ibill

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well I'll be darned, works! Where do you learn all that stuff? OK fix my font problem. LOL

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm using this since it became available, in iOS 7, I think.

Sorry, no idea how to fix your font problem.

n4uau

iPF Novice
Reaction score
FWIW The User Guide for iOS8 has lots of good info on apps like Safari and iOS in general. It is a free book at the IBook store.

OP
Ibill

Ibill

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well back to Mercury after a couple of days with Safari again.
Mercury pros: lockable title bar, book mark panel that auto hides after you make your selection, FONT SIZE THAT IS ADJUSTABLE AND STAYS THAT WAY FOR EVERY INDIVIDUAL WEB SITE!, better pop up control.
Safari pros: back button goes to the spot you actually were at. (Both Mercury and Chrome don't)
All browsers have their problems on some web sites.
Mercury wins this round!
To bad Apple is so narcissistic that they won't let you chose your Own default browser
J.A. Your swipe to back works in Mercury also. Thanks!

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts