What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari is hung up

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of great people here willing to lend a hand anytime. Often using the search feature (in the toolbar at the top of every page) will lead you to the answers you're looking for. If not, feel free to post a question in the appropriate area.

Please take a moment to view the information linked below my signature to get the most out of your iPad as well as our forum.

Sorry to hear about your dilemma. I'm assuming you've stopped the application by pressing the home button twice to bring up open apps, holding the app icon until it jiggles and touching the circled "X" in the upper left-hand corner of the icon to shut it down...then restarted it?

If that doesn't do it, simply restarting the iPad can fix most issues. Hold down the power switch (outside edge) by itself until the red slider appears. Turn it off by sliding the switch and then once again hold down the power switch until the Apple logo appears.

Resetting the iPad should be reserved for a non-responsive unit as it addresses other activity but if restarting doesn't do it, resetting it might. Hold down the power and home buttons until the slider appears and shut it down. Hold down the power switch again until the Apple logo appears. Fully booting up from a reset will take a little longer than a restart.

More here:

iPhone, iPad, iPod touch: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

Let us know if that helps. Others may have some more suggestions as well.

Welcome again and enjoy!

Last edited:
OP
E

Everette

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't really know, but I was able to catch it before it fully l loaded on the screen and change to another Web site. If I waited until it fully loaded it would hang up on the former site. I really don't know if this was the real fix but it is what I did.
Thanks
Everette

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ah, got it. It sounds like there was a problem with a particular web page or website then. Some older sites still haven't been optimized and some are still Flash based and can give browsers on the iPad (as well as computers) trouble.

Thanks for the follow-up and enjoy!

Most reactions

Latest posts