1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Ipad air - wifi gets hung up

Discussion in 'iPad Air Forum' started by s61974, Mar 12, 2014.

1. s61974

s61974 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have the 128gb Air, and the wifi keeps getting hung up in loading, and I have to keep going into settings, and turning the wifi off then back on, and then the internet page or email loads up instantly. I have turned off my ipad, I have even unplugged my router and nothing fixes this. Is there anything I am missing or is anyone experiencing this?

thanks
  2. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,038 / 1
    Try going to Settings>General>Reset>Reset All Settings. This will not erase any date but may help,your problem.
  3. jdstone

jdstone iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Same problem - developed after iOS 7.1 update
    No problem with my home wifi (apple router) but out in restaurants. Keeps bombing, invokes WISPr calls then tries to login to weird Apple sites and CAN'T: T
    These are the site the WISPr invokes:

thinkdifferent.Us
    Captive.Apple.Com
    iBook.Info
    Airport.Us

Reseting network, deleting the particular cafe wifi, rebooting -- NOTHING HELPS!

This is one big ****ing problem

ALSO, frequent bombing out in Safari continues! lso, failure to hold date in safari forms
  4. hoopybunny

hoopybunny iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have a 126 gb air too and also have trouble with the wifi loading periodically. And sometimes when I'm in an app, it just boots me out.....
  5. DavidM

DavidM iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    My 32 gig does it too. On my home wifi I have 5g and regular and it hangs on 5g so I switch to 2.4 for a bit or turn off and back on to complete load of page.