What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari download?

guy.baldridge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please could someone help me I'm getting desperate!
I can't figure out why I'm having such a hard time trying to download SAFARI on my iPad2? So PLEASE;) if anyone can help me it would be appreciated more than you know.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there! No need to download Safari. It's already there. Look at your home page and your safari icon should be sitting in the bottom row.

Welcome to the iPadForum! This Forum offers so much information related to the iPad and its use. The IPF has many discussion topics related to: Acessories, Help, Apple News, Hacking, Gaming, Business/Education, Special Needs and Health.

The iPadForum also includes a Regional Ipad Group for international users across the world. This is a wonderful area to "find" members from your own country.
Regional iPad Groups

If you have not done so, please take a look at the iOS 5.0 and 5.1:
iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5 by Apple Inc.
iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5.1 by Apple Inc.

Finally, please read the rules!
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Jennrae

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did iPad come with an outdated version of Safari?

I'm having a similar problem. I just bought my iPad and yes, there is a Safari icon at the bottom of the screen and I am able to browse the Internet with no problem. However, when I tried to download the iTunesU Course Manager yesterday, I got a message saying something about needing a more current version of Safari to do this. Today when I try it, the iPad just gets "stuck" trying to load the page. I tried to post the link here, but the forum won't allow me to post links until I've had 3 posts to the forum.

It just says "Course Manager had an error," and so i thought perhaps there was an issue with the site. however, i can access the link without problem from my MacBook Pro. So it seems to be an iPad or Safari issue.

It seems odd that I would just have bought the newest iPad a few weeks ago and yet it doesn't have the most current version of Safari, doesn't it? Any ideas on where I can find it, or why this would be happening.

Also, is Safari the recommended browser for iPad? I use Firefox and Chrome on my laptop.

Many thanks for any help you're able to provide.

Hi there! No need to download Safari. It's already there. Look at your home page and your safari icon should be sitting in the bottom

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Jennrae said:
I'm having a similar problem. I just bought my iPad and yes, there is a Safari icon at the bottom of the screen and I am able to browse the Internet with no problem. However, when I tried to download the iTunesU Course Manager yesterday, I got a message saying something about needing a more current version of Safari to do this. Today when I try it, the iPad just gets "stuck" trying to load the page. I tried to post the link here, but the forum won't allow me to post links until I've had 3 posts to the forum.

It just says "Course Manager had an error," and so i thought perhaps there was an issue with the site. however, i can access the link without problem from my MacBook Pro. So it seems to be an iPad or Safari issue.

It seems odd that I would just have bought the newest iPad a few weeks ago and yet it doesn't have the most current version of Safari, doesn't it? Any ideas on where I can find it, or why this would be happening.

Also, is Safari the recommended browser for iPad? I use Firefox and Chrome on my laptop.

Many thanks for any help you're able to provide.

Hi and welcome to the Forum!

Where are you trying to download itunesU, is it from Safari? Have you upgraded your iPad to IOS6? I haven't as yet but I have heard that one of the changes was that you can then download within Safari whereas you couldn't in IOS5. Look in Settings - General - About and then look for version and this will tell you what OS you're on. Yes Safari is the native browser for the iPad but you will find Firefox and Chrome in the app store if you prefer these.

There is also an app available for iTunes U. Hope this helps.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, this was a really old thread...a blast from the past. Forgot about this one!

Most reactions

Latest posts