What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari cant download file?

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm trying to download gimp for Mac and it reads safari can't download that file?, what can safari download I can't download anything...I just want to download gimp has anyone had this problem?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are two issues here. The first is why you would want to download GIMP on your iPad. Mac software will not run on an iPad. Only apps purchased at the App Store will run on an iPad. The iPad has an entirely different operating system and processor to a Mac. It would be like trying to get GIMP to run on a PC, you wouldn't think about trying to run the Mac version on a PC and neither will the Mac version run on an iPad.

The second issue is that, with very few exceptions, Safari on the iPad will not download files. The exceptions are PDFs and some photos. General files, such as .doc, .ppt etc it will not download.

Tim

OP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Makes sense...should have done my research before posting. I guess I was confused because it read gimp for Mac, all I know it was a virus and safari saved me from getting it.thanks again for the quick response ,next time I will think outside the box, I'm new to Mac I been a windows guy for a while so I'm still learning.

Most reactions

Latest posts