What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari Autofill Question

Tuttle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
have autofill turned off, but whenever I start typing www. in the address window at the top I immediately get a complete suggested url. I have gone to settings, safari, and made sure autofill was turned off. Tried unloading safari and relaunching. How do I get the fool thing to stop this annoying practice? Thanks.

OP
Tuttle

Tuttle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
To the best of my knowledge auto-complete in the URL/Search bar can not be turned off. You can clear your browsing history from the predictions by clearing both History and Cookies and Data in Safari's settings, however it will continue to try and predict based on your bookmarks.

If it's not picking what you want, just ignore it and keep typing. Not that you have a choice.

Well, you could use a third party browser. I'm not sure which ones have auto-complete and/or if they allow it to be turned off.

The search predictions below the URL/Search bar are a different feature, and equally difficult to get rid of.

Most reactions

Latest posts