What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Running out of Storage (just me?)

OP
AQ_OC

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'd like cheaper data, but I'm willing to pay for convenience despite current prices. I prefer the flexibility of 3G/LTE. Longer run, I might opt for a bucket data plan, but I currently have grandfathered unlimited plans that are cheap.

iPad is my key mobile device right now, and that's where my unlimited data really comes in handy. I use much less data on smaller devices, and would expect to on a 7-inch iPad, too. (The smaller the screen, the less Web surfing or movie watching I'm likely to do with a gadget.)

I'll reconsider if they start throttlng my iPad data. Till then, I just use 3G to stream Netflix when I'm away from trustworthy wifi and can sit long enough to watch a movie. I've considered steaming from an NAS, but as long as I have access to NF via 3G, I don't have real need.

I'm sure I would do the same if I had unlimited! :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks. I will have to try this. Question: Do you make adjustments in iTunes or on the device before using Sync/Apply?

I feel that at the moment, I need to turn off both my iPad and iPhone before opening up iTunes, just to be 100% sure nothing will start before I can intercede, as I use the wireless sync feature. It seems I can do 95% of what I want to do without using iTunes at all, but eventually one is forced to deal with the devil.

Edit: I just openned iTunes on the PC that I sync too. It immediately started downloading some 46 apps! And it is taking some time, too. My iDevices are powered off until I can get control of the beast within that PC.

I didn't like the wireless sync, so I turned it off after a day or two. My guess is that, yes, you'll need to turn the devices off before turning iTunes on if you don't want that sync to happen. Once you've turned off auto-sync it should stop it from happing next time, but I won't say for sure. As I said, I don't use the wireless sync. I like more control, and the extra speed of the USB cable.

The app downloading is probably the auto store download feature. It will download apps that you purchase on the iPhone and iPad automatically. You can turn it off in Preferences > Store. It can also automatically download your music and books automatically. You can turn this on/off on your devices too, under Settings > Store.

Most reactions

Latest posts