What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Memory low

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi all,
My device is an iPad 3, 32GB, wifi only.
I have an app for a bank account. It has been very easy to use apart from the fact that some of the functions are not available. For all functions I have to login from my browser. No problem there but recently, when I login to the app, a pop up comes up with the message 'Device low on memory'. I have checked my ipad by going into Settings - General - Usage and see that I still have 19.6 GB available, having only used 8.2GB. I suspect it may be the app that is causing the issue but I just want to be sure. I back up regularly to iCloud when I charge the iPad so I can delete photos, music etc. whenever I wish but with a fairly large amount of memory left I see no need to at the moment. I am just happy how things are other than the dratted memory warning.
By the way, I now use my iPad much more than my PC as it is so much more convenient and easier to use. I only use the PC for my accounts, taxes etc. I do not want such stuff on my iPad :)
Mike

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all, My device is an iPad 3, 32GB, wifi only. I have an app for a bank account. It has been very easy to use apart from the fact that some of the functions are not available. For all functions I have to login from my browser. No problem there but recently, when I login to the app, a pop up comes up with the message 'Device low on memory'. I have checked my ipad by going into Settings - General - Usage and see that I still have 19.6 GB available, having only used 8.2GB. I suspect it may be the app that is causing the issue but I just want to be sure. I back up regularly to iCloud when I charge the iPad so I can delete photos, music etc. whenever I wish but with a fairly large amount of memory left I see no need to at the moment. I am just happy how things are other than the dratted memory warning. By the way, I now use my iPad much more than my PC as it is so much more convenient and easier to use. I only use the PC for my accounts, taxes etc. I do not want such stuff on my iPad :) Mike
I believe the low memory warning has to do with RAM, not storage memory.

OP
Mesqueunclub

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I believe the low memory warning has to do with RAM, not storage memory.
Thanks scifan, but how do I sort that if possible? I have left apps running as suggested somewhere (can't remember now) but I have now tapped home button twice and closed them. There were only about 8 running as it was. Is there anything else I can do?
Mike

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
When you use your iPad, take a closer look: is this a certain app that causes the low memory message, or does this happen in general?

You'll also be able to see a bit of it in Settings - General - About - Diagnostics & Usage.

Attachments

• image-3666408428.jpg
    image-3666408428.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 404
Last edited:
OP
Mesqueunclub

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When you use your iPad, take a closer look: is this a certain app that causes the low memory message, or does this happen in general?
Think I have just sorted it. I fully switched off my iPad and rebooted, something I had not done for a while, et voilà, memory sorted.
Thank you everyone :)

Most reactions

Latest posts