What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rotational lockscreens / non rotational lockscreens - does yours really work? :o

johnbrown

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there,

Firstly allow me to present you with my dilemma. I have a JB ipad 2 5.1.1, and have been searching far and wide for good lockscreens but am finding it very difficult to find one which looks good in both the landscape and portrait positions. What you often tend to find are re-purposed iphone lockscreens which look amazing when the ipad is upright but tend to simply fall of the bottom when it is turned, rather than morph into a nice landscape lockscreen.

So for the past couple of months I've been searching for a way to automatically lock the screen rotation in portrait mode every time the ipad goes to the lockscreen (so that your lockscreen wouldn't look glitchy if your in portrait). I have tried just about everything from clever activator enhancers to perform the two given roles of toggling screen rotation and locking the screen with one button, to overlapping dashboardx buttons for locking screen rotation and locking the actual screen in hopes of being able to do both in one action/press of the button.

Most of this has been to no avail however. Does anyone know how to stop your lockscreen from rotating? Would this even be possible to program? Would greatly appreciate any tips/tricks and small bits of information. If are there any decent lockscreens that work well on the ipad in both landscape and portrait?

Here are links to a few which I have found to morph quite nicely, though are allot simpler than lockscreens such as 'SE7EN' for instance:
- Wont let me post links until I have made 3 posts lol... just ask me in the thread if you want them I guess :p -

Ps. First time posting, tried my best to pick an appropriate place to post this but apologise if it needs to be moved :)

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It comes down to a matter of opinion as to what looks good, so I don't see you getting good answers. I like what I get with an app called pimp your screen. You can check it out.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't really know if there is a tweak to do what you wish.

I am, however, going to move this post over to the Hacking section so that those members who are jail broken can see it. Maybe they'll have an idea...

Marilyn

OP
J

johnbrown

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It comes down to a matter of opinion as to what looks good, so I don't see you getting good answers. I like what I get with an app called pimp your screen. You can check it out.

Honestly I was just looking for any lockscreens that worked in both positions, rather than something in particular. Just downloaded Pimp your screen however, and you were right! Absolutely love it, thanks :)

Ah thanks mickey :D

Perhaps someone here will know of a tweak, or could at least tell me if this would be possible, cheers :p

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Glad you like PYS. That is one of my favorite apps...I'm changing my screens all the time. :)

OP
J

johnbrown

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glad you like PYS. That is one of my favorite apps...I'm changing my screens all the time. :)

Thought it was 'pimp my screen' for a while, though that would have had a much more awkward abbreviation >.>...
Its got to be said it has stunning ipad wallpapers, especially because you can choose to download both portrait and landscape versions of the pictures. When you download them however they don't rotate all that well, like especially with the ones that have shelves. Is there a way to make them morph correctly in relation to the icons on screen or are my expectations just unrealistically optimistic haha? :p

Doesn't seem like anyone knows the solution to my screenlock problem, would anyone with any shred of programming knowledge know if that sort of thing is do-able?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thought it was 'pimp my screen' for a while, though that would have had a much more awkward abbreviation >.>...
Its got to be said it has stunning ipad wallpapers, especially because you can choose to download both portrait and landscape versions of the pictures. When you download them however they don't rotate all that well, like especially with the ones that have shelves. Is there a way to make them morph correctly in relation to the icons on screen or are my expectations just unrealistically optimistic haha? :p

I think you might be too optimistic but here is an idea. Write to the Pimp Your Screen people and explain what you would like. You'd be surprised...app developers are always looking for ways to improve their apps. Since they are the programmers, they have a good idea of what is possible, too.

If you do write them, please share your feedback!

Best.

Most reactions

Latest posts