What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Risk - does the computer a.i. cheat?

blsessex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So if you look at the reviews for Risk, you'll see a lot of people saying it's too hard or the computer cheats. Can any experienced Risk players comment on whether it's true or not?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Very true. Risk is extremely disappointing. The so-called AI is just better at rolling the dice. It almost always wins the dice roll.

You will probably notice that the reviews say it's too easy on beginner level, which is also true.

Not at all what I expect from Electronic Arts. I would give it a miss. Thankfully, I got it when it was on sale so I only wasted 99cents on it.

OP
B

blsessex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Alright, thanks for your input! :) I think I'll steer clear of it for now.

dekiscool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Playing Risk II and finding it cheats. You are supposed to only be able to tactical move of troops to locations that are connected or touching. However, I notice the computer seems to be able to tactical moves to where ever it wants. For example, the computer at the end of one turn moved troops from Eastern Australia to Ural...however later, when I gained control of Eastern Australia and Ural, it would not let me move troops the same way. Another time it moved troops from Western Australia to The Middle East. Again...I tried the same thing...it wouldn't let me. What the heck??

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Risk is a very poor adaptation. Not at all what you would expect from EA. WAY too easy on beginner. Next to impossible on any other setting because the "AI" is limited to the fact that the computer always wins the dice roll.

That said, it's a great multiplayer game.

Just realized how old this thread is. Didnt realize I had already answered months ago. Oh well.

Most reactions