What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Revert from iOS 5?

CherylQ26

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All you have to do is go to iTunes and hold shift and click restore, and select iOS 4.3.3. You may be able to just click restore and it will work, but I wanted to make sure it went back to 4.3.3. It's real simple, just like any other restore.

Does reverting back to iOS 4.3.3 restore all your old settings, apps and files like music, photos, notes and etc.?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, not usually - unless you've never backed up your iPad since you moved off of iOS 4.3.3. The iPad gets restored from backup if you choose that option and iTunes only keeps one backup.

On a side note, you can't go to iOS 4.3.3 unless you have save SHSH blobs and have an iPad1 or a WiFi only iPad2. Just wanted to save you time...

Marilyn

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As for the wifi thing, you have to enable it in iTunes. Plug into iTunes, and near the bottom, with all the checkboxes, one of them says "sync with this iPad over wifi". Make sure that is checked and hit "apply".

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
nico1et said:
i wasn't able to revert to 4.3 or whatever the previous version was before 5. i tried more than once, even though i did a complete backup before updating. it's like that backup disappeared, or when i clicked on the latest backup, it just said it reverted to a former backup, & i ended up with this crummy 5 again! to be honest, i didn't like the last update, since it made the battery time of my ipad 1 much shorter. i have everything off (location, mail fetching, etc.), but this is turning into a nightmare for me. i really want to go back to the original software/operating system - but when i did a complete restore (after trying everything else), it again took me to 5. putting the apps back on was equally as annoying, & i lost all photos that were previously on it. now that i updated to the latest/greatest update (the .1), my battery is draining even faster than it was for the past 2 updates. i am bummed out that i ever went to 4!!

does ANYONE know a way (step by step) to somehow get back to the original operating system? (the battery was great then, & i don't need multi-tasking) can anyone help? i'm so bummed out about all this trouble that i'm very tempted to sell my ipad, & forget about apple products.

p.s. i had also noted that the battery drain on my ipod touch was worse with 4 (than original), but i haven't updated that yet & don't want to.

Unless you have SHSH blobs saved for a previous version then you cannot go back.

Have you tried holding the on/off button until the slider appears, slide to switch off, then once off restart? This has been known to help.

Also have you run the battery completely down recently to allow it to recalibrate?

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts