What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there any way to downgrade iPad 2 from iOS5 to iOS4?

Voojtaa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
I've installed the iOS5 beta 4 on my iPad 2 3G, because I just wanted to try it and then downgrade back to iOS 4.3.x. But it seems to be unable to downgrade to iOS4, because I all the time get an error while restoring to iOS4 (mostly error 1604). The second thing is, I don't have any SHSH backup. The question is simple: IS IT ABLE TO DOWNGRADE FROM iOS5 beta 4 BACK TO iOS4? I will do anything to get back iOS 4 on my iPad to, so please help me :)

P.S. Sorry for my bad English :)

m3incorp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Without the SHSH backups, you probably won't be able to downgrade. ALWAYS backup!!

OP
V

Voojtaa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And what is SHSH? And why doesn't Apple want anybody to downgrade from iOS5?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, you should be able to downgrade from ios5 beta back to the current firmware. I've done it myself several times.
Apple don't support downgrading of IOS, however, IF you were a developer as you are SUPPOSED to be to be using IOS5 beta, you would probably understand how to revert your device back to IOS4.

On iPad2 you should use this tutorial to help you - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...-your-ipad-using-tinyumbrella-shsh-blobs.html

It does not matter if you do not understand it, and do not be put off by the piece at the beginning about checking in Cydia. You DO NOT need to do this bit. Just follow the rest of the tutorial step by step and you should be able to restore to 4.3.5 without a problem.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts