What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reset ipod app?

Reaction score
Is there any chance of resetting the iPod app?

Sometimes I browse through the library and just skim through. So now a lot of the songs only played half through. And iPod remembers it!

It is so frustrating to have songs start in the middle. I just want them to always start from the beginning.

Can this be done?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
Is there any chance of resetting the iPod app?

Sometimes I browse through the library and just skim through. So now a lot of the songs only played half through. And iPod remembers it!

It is so frustrating to have songs start in the middle. I just want them to always start from the beginning.

Can this be done?

That's really weird cos mine always start from the beginning every time, I just tested it again to check by starting a couple of songs then pausing, going to another track then going back and they always reset to the start of the track. I can't see any settings to enable or change this either........strange!

The Archangel

OP
DontUnderstandMyIpad
Reaction score
It happens when using Pause/Play.

Whenever pause was used at least once one a song, does iPod remember the last playback time and continue from there. It doesn't matter if playback was resumed, it will still save the time and resume playback when listening to that same song weeks later.

If I had known iPod is so bugged, I would have muted, instead of paused :(

Anasazi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah that's odd. I know if they are marked as aac podcasts they will save their position. You might want to look at the properties in itunes to see if they are set to
save their position. I think you can do a mass reset of those properties.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
It happens when using Pause/Play.

Whenever pause was used at least once one a song, does iPod remember the last playback time and continue from there. It doesn't matter if playback was resumed, it will still save the time and resume playback when listening to that same song weeks later.

If I had known iPod is so bugged, I would have muted, instead of paused :(

But still mine doesn't do what yours is doing so I figure there must be a setting for this somewhere but try as I might I can't find it.......is it possible that it's a setting in your main iTunes and somehow it carries across during a sync?

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts