What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to add music onto ipod from ifile

Rgu3t0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys..I'm running JB iPad 1 4.3.1
I've been downloading .mp3 files (I forget the exact program I got from Cydia to do this). Unfortunately, I can play these files by using ifile ro find and play the songs. It's no problem if I'm merely playing the downloaded songs together. I've actually have been wanting to play these songs along with my music added through iTunes. Ive tried transferring the song file to the iPod folders (where they are labeled F00 and so on). Does anyone know the correct way to make these songs show up on my "iPod" playlist? (I realize I could very easily sync the songs with my computer and add through iTunes but sometimes my computer is not available). Thanks in advance for the help guys!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've moved your post to the Hacking section, as I thought it might receive better attention there. I hope that's OK.

Tim
iPad Forum Moderator

slimshotty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The quickest and easiest way is to copy the music to your computer. Drag the files into iTunes and sync your device.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi guys..I'm running JB iPad 1 4.3.1
I've been downloading .mp3 files (I forget the exact program I got from Cydia to do this). Unfortunately, I can play these files by using ifile ro find and play the songs. It's no problem if I'm merely playing the downloaded songs together. I've actually have been wanting to play these songs along with my music added through iTunes. Ive tried transferring the song file to the iPod folders (where they are labeled F00 and so on). Does anyone know the correct way to make these songs show up on my "iPod" playlist? (I realize I could very easily sync the songs with my computer and add through iTunes but sometimes my computer is not available). Thanks in advance for the help guys!

If it's the same program I use, m*****k, not sure if legal to say here, but on the download tab...there is a "add to iPod" button. App says you can "add to iPod" 10 times before have to buy...but I've noticed that this can refer to 10 groupings of songs at a time. So you can import 100songs at one time which would count towards 1 import. Hope that made sense.

OP
R

Rgu3t0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
slimshotty said:
The quickest and easiest way is to copy the music to your computer. Drag the files into iTunes and sync your device.

I was coming to the same conclusion. Lol...wanted to avoid the whole "syncing" need

OUTL4W said:
If it's the same program I use, m*****k, not sure if legal to say here, but on the download tab...there is a "add to iPod" button. App says you can "add to iPod" 10 times before have to buy...but I've noticed that this can refer to 10 groupings of songs at a time. So you can import 100songs at one time which would count towards 1 import. Hope that made sense.

I'm using safari download manager

Thanks guys for your input.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you looked into PwnTunes (Cydia). I don't use it myself (I am one of those odd folks that LIKES iTunes!), but it seems to completely cut out the need for iTunes. You just drag music onto your iPad from explorer and it is automatically put into the iPod app (or photos / videos etc.) Sounds cool. I just don't have a need for it. Might suit you though...

Hope that helps.

BartuHTC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's gremlin on cydia, It's 2 or 3 dollars, but I've never used it.

Swiped with HTC Trace on Desire S using Primo S 3.3 with HTC Sense 4A
If you don't see A, that means It's probably May and ICS update is published and I'm screaming out loud! lol :)
And if this is an iPad forum, I have an iPad 2 on iOS5.1, waiting for a new jailbreak from pod2g.

Most reactions

Latest posts