What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

remove or modify nasty docking bar in ios7/ ipad air/mini retina

Andygo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone got any suggestions for removing the thick and unsightly (mines a mid grey stripe) docking bar in ios7. I have an Air and a retina mini that need this issue rectifying if anyone has got any suggestions.

Thanks

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Settings | Control Center

There are two setting in there you can use.

Personally, I like it and don't find it unsightly at all.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Unfortunately you can't remove the dock on the springboard on a stock device. It must be jailbroken to modify the UI

Sent from my iPhone via Tapa

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The only thing you can do to make the shaded dock bar mostly disappear from the springboard of a stock iPad is to use a pure white wallpaper.

image-3560001005.jpg.

image-3197402469.jpg

Personally I like to use photos as wallpaper and don't mind the appearance of the dock.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Check Settings > General > Accessibility. If you have Increase Contrast turn on, turn it off. This will make the dock more translucent, so that more of the background shows through; like in SciFan57's screenshot.

Most reactions

Latest posts