remapping record identifiers

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by Saudade, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Saudade

Saudade iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi ... I am a new member and in need of help !
    Had to change one of my email accounts from a pop account to an IMAP account (on my mac) and when I tried to sync my iPad it will not let me as it tells me that I need to replace teh mail accounts on the iPad form the info Tab in the iPad preferences, which I have done but then comes up with another box saying that cannot sync mail account to iPad remapping record identifiers.

BEFORE I went to sync I did upload the new mail box on the iPad and then plugged it into the Mac to sync the two mail boxes and now cannot sync any of my mail boxes...

Hope someone can help me ! I have only had the iPad a couple of months and am still learning ...
    Thanks
  2. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,642 / 1
    Sounds like you are making your life more difficult than it needs to be.

Go into Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars and delete your old email account. Then Add Account > Other (assuming none of the presets apply), then Add Mail Account. Use the same information to work through the settings as you used to set up the account on the Mac.

That should work, and does not require you to plug the iPad into the Mac for syncing (though you must have wi-fi working on the iPad.

Matter of fact, plug your iPad back into iTunes, go to the info page and turn off you mail syncing. Double is not better.
  3. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
    Scotland