What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Regret of buying a wifi model of ipad

abhishek lomsh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can I replace and get a wifi+3G model of ipad mini, by giving extra money and my 3 month old wifi ipad mini?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Worth a try. The Apple Store can only say no, and you'll be no worse off.

I notice from your other thread that you are jailbroken. Better make sure there's no evidence of that or they won't even look at you.

OP
abhishek lomsh

abhishek lomsh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ohk...but I was just wonder if it they could just make changes in hardware of my existing model or take some extra money for replacing it

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It is not possible to make changes to the hardware of any iPad, or indeed, most Apple equipment. That's why it's important to make sure you are buying the model you really want going in. Even something that is normally simple, such as adding RAM, is impossible on most Apple computers.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just closed your other thread which asks pretty well the same question. To answer more completely, there is no iPad mini 2 yet, although we suspect that a model will surface sooner or later with retina display and 128Gb storage. Nothing official about that though. It's just an educated guess.

OP
abhishek lomsh

abhishek lomsh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ohk but when it arrives can i replace my old ipad mini to ipad mini 2?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's pretty doubtful/ I don't know what the timeframe is for equipment exchanges, but given that the mini 2 doesn't exist yet and your mini is already three months old, I assume you will be well outside the time for exchanges.

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Why not either give it to say a relative or sell it when it comes out?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why not purchase a my fi hot spot modem with wifi which is portable ?

Exactly what I have done, all my iPads are wifi only (saving me roughly £100 for each) and I have a mifi which is pocket sized and provides connectivity whenever and wherever I need it.

The Archangel

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is not possible to make changes to the hardware of any iPad, or indeed, most Apple equipment. That's why it's important to make sure you are buying the model you really want going in. Even something that is normally simple, such as adding RAM, is impossible on most Apple computers.

Not entirely correct, on iDevices you can't make changes but aside from my MBA, I have changed RAM and/or HD's in all of my other Apple Computers......they don't make it easy because they make everything so svelte but it certainly can be done.

The Archangel

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not entirely correct, on iDevices you can't make changes but aside from my MBA, I have changed RAM and/or HD's in all of my other Apple Computers......they don't make it easy because they make everything so svelte but it certainly can be done.

The Archangel

Can you do any upgrades to a 2011 MBA? Mine is all solid state.

Most reactions

Latest posts