What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Redsn0w rc9 from rc8??

gray_mouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hola. I have redsnow rc8 tethered, and now redsnow rc9 untethered is out. How to upgrade??

Do I just do rc9 and keep all my apps and settings?

Or

Do I restore to stock apple fw and jb it to rc9?

OP
gray_mouse

gray_mouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh, that's awesome!!

Doing it tomorrow, will report.

My laptop is close to be left at home while I'm at work, just have to install hundred or so more apps. People just don't understand how freeing is iPad! For example today I found a new road and saved myself an hour in traffic.

OP
gray_mouse

gray_mouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's it, done it. Takes 2 minutes. Everything boots up on it's own. Now I have a fully functional iPad.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
gray_mouse said:
That's it, done it. Takes 2 minutes. Everything boots up on it's own. Now I have a fully functional iPad.

Congratulations, hope you enjoy your new found freedom. If you run into any problems, post a thread and we'll see if we can help!

OP
gray_mouse

gray_mouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Connect iPad to PC, 5 seconds
Turn off iPad, 10 seconds
Put iPad into DFU mode, 40 seconds
Do jailbreak 1 minute
Boot up, like 15 seconds
Reboot and make sure it boots by itself, another 30 seconds

OP
gray_mouse

gray_mouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Doing this took out openSSH, I had to install it again. What else was uninstalled? I'm afraid Im going to restore to 4.3.1 and do a clean jb.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
gray_mouse said:
Doing this took out openSSH, I had to install it again. What else was uninstalled? I'm afraid Im going to restore to 4.3.1 and do a clean jb.

Nothing should have been removed? Sometimes I've had OpenSSH play up and had to reinstall but if it was there to start with it should still have been there...

OP
gray_mouse

gray_mouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Winterboard is installed, but Cydia doesn't show it in installed. I go to iPad options and winterboard is there. This is not what I call quality.

Most reactions

Latest posts