What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Received Camera Connection Kit - Short Video Demo Inside.

kilofox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Shot with cellphone video... please excuse the one-handed operation. Hopefully you will see what you want to see.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuW7Exs53bc"]Camera Connection Kit Demo[/ame]

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So it doesn't let you preview them full screen before you import?

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hopefully that will be resolved in future updates...I fail to see it's use in the field if you cant just pop in the card and go thru your shots without having to first import them.

OP
kilofox

kilofox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hopefully that will be resolved in future updates...I fail to see it's use in the field if you cant just pop in the card and go thru your shots without having to first import them.

Hummm... It would be nice to preview them full sized, perhaps an update will come in the near future. I got the kit to "dump" photos off my camera to clear room off my card. LOL... I probably should have just bought another card!

Oh well... its still pretty neat. I am sure it will come in handy... or will it? :p

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well if they don't fix it in the os someone will release an app to do it...no worries...the joys of early adoption.

Isaac Newton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks kilo fox!! You've done a great deed creating and sharing the vid clip. I'll be getting mine very soon!

shadownmss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Shot with cellphone video... please excuse the one-handed operation. Hopefully you will see what you want to see.

Camera Connection Kit Demo
I got the camera kit today.....I intend to just dump cards onto the iPad. I also bought the kit hoping that some Genius Developer would figure out a way to connect other peripherals to the iPad via the USB adapter in the kit.......you can always hope.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Camera Connection Kit Demo
I got the camera kit today.....I intend to just dump cards onto the iPad. I also bought the kit hoping that some Genius Developer would figure out a way to connect other peripherals to the iPad via the USB adapter in the kit.......you can always hope.

The USB port has been open to development for a while now...just waiting on someone to take advantage. Technically you should be able to charge with a standard USB cable with it.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the card reader can read SDHC cards?
Thanks!

SDHC means secure digital high capacity...which is anything over 4gb. The card in the video is a 16gb class 6 card....about as high end a solid state card as they come. So yes.

Most reactions