What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reason for concern?

texaslonghorn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found an app on The App store last night that I am very interested in. Bit there are no ratings and there is NO information about the app or the developer on Google or the Developer Website tab on the app store page itself. I can't find any information about anythin on the app or developer anywhere. Granted it only costs $6, but should I be concerned about buying it? During the app screening process, does Apple do some type of screening/due diligence of the developer to make sure it isn't a scam?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Theoretically... yes. That is supposed to be one of the advantages(?) of getting apps from Apple instead of Cydia.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found an app on The App store last night that I am very interested in. Bit there are no ratings and there is NO information about the app or the developer on Google or the Developer Website tab on the app store page itself. I can't find any information about anythin on the app or developer anywhere. Granted it only costs $6, but should I be concerned about buying it? During the app screening process, does Apple do some type of screening/due diligence of the developer to make sure it isn't a scam?

Yes, they won't let anything in that is harmful or useless....now, whether it's good or not is yet to be determined and I tend to wait a little while until there are some reviews before making a purchase....just to let others test it first.

Most reactions

Latest posts