What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reading gmail contacts from ipad safari.

Nanjan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i purchased my Ipad today and I am trying to access my contacts from gmail and cannot find a way to view them.
Any ideas? Thanks

Robertsmom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you scroll down to the bottom of the screen while you're in Gmail (in Safari) you can select "desktop" version and then when it switches to the desktop version you can access your Contacts as you do on a reg. computer.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you scroll down to the bottom of the screen while you're in Gmail (in Safari) you can select "desktop" version and then when it switches to the desktop version you can access your Contacts as you do on a reg. computer.

Last time I checked (and it was a while ago) only the HTML version contacts (found in the same place) works properly with Safari on the iPad. It's ugly, and low on features, but it does work.

Most people choose to set their GMail accounts up as an Exchange account, which lets you sync with the native Contacts app. Not perfect, labels are not supported, but better than the HTML website.

Edit: Just tested the desktop version again. It's working better, though it lags a lot and not all the tools were working as expected. Might be usable with some practice.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts