What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad2 gmail contacts missing

calafair

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, I would really appreciate some help, thanks for reading.

I recently purchased an Ipad 2, (didnt have ipad before). I added my gmail accounts to the accounts under settings. but when I open my mail, I do not have any of my contacts.

Everytime I need to send an email, I have to open my gmail through the safari browser and my contacts will be there. but not through my mail app. Can someone please help and advice? Thanks very much

OP
C

calafair

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for ur advice. I tried it, but everytime I tried to complete, it says "password incorrect". I have checked online and it seems this is a ongoing problem with ipad and exchange. Any suggestions or other options?

Reaction score
calafair said:
Thanks for ur advice. I tried it, but everytime I tried to complete, it says "password incorrect". I have checked online and it seems this is a ongoing problem with ipad and exchange. Any suggestions or other options?

No worries, it will work.

The problem is, that the instructions are partially incorrect. At step 7, when you enter the username, just enter everything before @gmail.com. When you enter your full email address, as the guide suggests, will it give you a wrong password error, so simply remove the last bit and you're good to go.

Reaction score
Nickso said:
If that does not work just search the web, I found multiple instruction sets on how to do this.

Sent from my iPad 3 using iPF

I just tested your instructions word for word and apart from the small adjustment needed at step 7 do they work.

Hopefully calafair has the same success.

OP
C

calafair

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks all

hi guys, thanks for all your replies. I tried it again, but really no joy. For some reason it just will not accept my password. I checked it so many times its not funny. I am sure I have spelled everything right and input the correct data. Sighz. I love my ipad2, but this is a major pain. Thanks for your help though

lakisd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Simple solution.

Connect to iTunes--> ipad --> 'Info' tab --> Tick 'Sync Contacts with' --> Choose 'Google contacts'

Done

htowngator

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Most reactions

Latest posts