What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question re business development and data

Developer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I am trying to work out how I can go about developing applications on IPAD for other business. I am sorry for the basic questions but I have only developed on PC before

(1) How can I get my app to companies - it looks like I can only offer 100 copies through ad-hoc - do I then have to put the app on the app store ?

(2) Does the IPAD have a way of storing data via database or file system or anything so that you can cache data and sync when back in the office

(3) Can you get the IPAD (via development) to connect via VPN back to office and share data with backend database.

Thank you very much for any assistance.

Andylim123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
development and data

iPhone apps, iPad apps and Universal apps.
iPhone Applications. iPhone applications are optimized to run on iPhone and iPod
touch. These applications run on iPad in their original resolution or can be optionally
set to be pixel- doubled to accommodate for the larger display.
• iPad Applications. iPhone SDK 3.2 supports the development of iPad applications
that are optimized to take advantage of iPad features, but run only on iPad.
• Universal Applications. iPhone SDK 3.2 supports the development of Universal
applications. A Universal app is optimized to run on all iPhone OS devices—itʼs
essentially an iPhone app and an iPad app built as a single binary.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
1) I think it is more with the Enterprise license.

2) Yes, and it also has a mini version of SQL

3) Yes, but I'm not sure about how to implement the backend exactly. Obviously every online game has some kind of networked backend.

Most reactions

Latest posts