What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about syncing ipad

jocyz06

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I sync my iPad calendar to my work calendar on my computer/ my mobile me account?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I haven't figured out how to subscribe to non-MobileMe calendars on MobileMe. But it is fairly easy to subscribe to calendars on the iPad.

Just go to Settings, Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and add a new account. If you your server type is offered use that. If not use other. You may have to talk to your work IT department to get the right setting information.

OP
J

jocyz06

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now the only thing I have left to figure out is how to load documents onto itunes. Does anyone know how to do this????

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Plug your iPad into the computer and go to iTunes. Select your iPad. Got to the Applications tab.

At the bottom of the page you will see a scrollable list of some of your applications. These are the apps that you can transfer files to and from.

Select the app you want. If you have files available they will be listed to the right. To add files either use the choose button and navigate to them or drag and drop. When you are done sync the iPad.

With iWork apps; Pages, Numbers, and Keynote you have one intermediate step. You must export and import them. If you want the file to show up in iTunes export it first. Documents you've synced through iTunes won't show up until you import them. You can find the options in the little in tray icon: bracket on it's side with an arrow pointing down. Ther are better ways to get documents in and out of iWork, mail being the easiest to use. You still have to import them.

Documents in other apps usually show up as soon as they are synced.

For more flexible and convenient ways to get docs into and out of your iPad search and read up on DropBox, iDisk, and iWorks.com. There are also some WiFi file transfer apps, but I have no experience with them.

Most reactions

Latest posts