What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about backgrounder + ipod

DarkLordEnron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone else's iPod constantly stay enabled as a background process using backgrounder+circuitous? Mine seems toncome up as active when i sleep the ipad for awhile and come back to it later.

Also, why does safari use so much memory!? Jesus, might have to switch browsers!

OP
D

DarkLordEnron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually, I just realized I could simply set a rule for that particular app, so no worries. It is curious however why iPod would stay statically enabled. I can understand Facebook or mail, but iPod?

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
#1 im not sure exactly what your talking about.

#2 putting the ipad to sleep doesn't stop everything, putting the ipad to sleep is like turning the screen off. everything on the ipad keeps running while in sleep mode.

OP
D

DarkLordEnron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, let me elaborate.

Say you open safari and some kind of Internet radio apps. You're now backgrounding both apps. You decide to go do something else and manually close both apps by bringing up backgrounder's dock and exiting each one. That leaves you with only the springboard as being enabled, saving some memory consumption an ultimately, battery life. You sleep iPad. Coming back to it about an hour later you bring up the backgrounding dock again only to find iPod is now backgrounding when you know for a fact you never enabled iPod at all before sleeping it.. Does that make sense? I felt like that was extremely long. :)

Last edited:

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Ok, let me elaborate.

Say you open safari and some kind of Internet radio apps. You're now backgrounding both apps. You decide to go do something else and manually close both apps by bringing up backgrounder's dock and exiting each one. That leaves you with only the springboard as being enabled, saving some memory consumption an ultimately, battery life. You sleep iPad. Coming back to it about an hour later you bring up the backgrounding dock again only to find iPod is now backgrounding when you know for a fact you never enabled iPod at all before sleeping it.. Does that make sense? I felt like that was extremely long. :)

ipod is one of the apps that runs in background on its own. Apple made ipod app to run in the background. when you do the doubleclick home to bring up ipod controls, that is because ipod is always running in the background.

now you can close ipod from running in the background, however it will soon come back.

john_hc09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Backgrounder on iPad 3.2.1

DarkLordEnron, are you asking about backgrounder for IPOD or IPAD? In any case, is backgrounder tested on IPAD 3.2.1 (I plan to jailbreak with JailbreakMe 2.0). I have read a few failure stories for backgrounder on IPAD 3.2.1.

Example from Crispytech , 1 week ago.

" .... Then, you have no choice but to restore it:(
P.S. It happened to me too when I installed Backgrounder. I think there's something wrong with the app right now."

OP
D

DarkLordEnron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Works fine! There are glitches with some apps but nothing too serious. You can always set rules to circumvent specific apps from using backgrounder to function. You don't need to restore if something goes wrong. Simply uninstall the package.

Most reactions

Latest posts