What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Puzzled

moncks51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I upgraded the last time to iOS 7.0.2 everything went well except that I cannot access the bookstore from iBooks. I can't do it from my iPhone or iPad. Weird, not too serious as I can still buy books through my laptop. Contacted apple support and they gave me a phone number in the States. As I am in Zimbabwe at the moment not really an option.
I see that there is another update now so maybe that will fix it. Anyone else had this problem? I don't see any comments about it so maybe it's just me.

Simon

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have two apple ids? Maybe the region you are in doesn't allow users to enter the Apple iBook store?

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That I believe is the issue it most likely reverted back to local I'd but no book store

Verify what iTunes Store and id on computer then switch the iPad to same id the book store should then be available Hope that helps

OP
M

moncks51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for the prompt response. Yes I do have 2 ID's but the one I am using is the normal American ID. I did check that. I even switched from one ID to the other tried no luck, came back and still nothing. It has to be something with the bookstore because I can connect to the AppStore no problem with both ID's although content is different. I have tried rebooting the iPad and that made no difference either.
I see a new upgrade has come out, so will upgrade when I have a good wireless connection next week and see if that helps. Even the Apple lady found it strange. She gave me a number to call but not worth a long distance call.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
One more possibility:

In case you enabled restrictions in Settings - General - Restrictions: look at iBooks Store. If it's disabled, you can't access it on your device.

It's sounds weird, however, that you can't access it on both devices, except if it's enabled on both.

Last edited:
OP
M

moncks51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One more possibility: In case you enabled restrictions in Settings - General - Restrictions: look at iBooks Store. If it's disabled, you can't access it on your device. It's sounds weird, however, that you can't access it on both devices, except if it's enabled on both.

No that's not the problem either

OP
M

moncks51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No that's not the problem either

It tries to load the page but the screen goes white the little circle shows it trying to load and then nothing just a blank white screen the top and bottom parts are there. That is the menu bars but nothing where normally the books would be.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you by any chance always block cookies in Settings - Safari - Privacy & Security?

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It could be the reason why you can't access the store. Disable "Always" in Block Cookies. Choose one of the other options. If it doesn't help, enable it again.

OP
M

moncks51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great catch here, JA! Maybe this could be the issue!

Turned cookies back on and no change it's so weird. Tomorrow i am upgrading to the 7.0.3 this all started when I went to 7.0.2 and hopefully this upgrade will sort out the problem. I am really grateful for all your help.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Turned cookies back on and no change it's so weird. Tomorrow i am upgrading to the 7.0.3 this all started when I went to 7.0.2 and hopefully this upgrade will sort out the problem. I am really grateful for all your help.
No idea what else could cause your issue, sorry!
Good luck with the update! I hope it will help!

OP
M

moncks51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No idea what else could cause your issue, sorry! Good luck with the update! I hope it will help!
Upgraded and the problem went away. The Apple people here have no idea why it happened or why it went away. All swell that ends well thanks for all the help.

Most reactions

Latest posts