1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Push

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by Wakawaka, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Wakawaka

Wakawaka iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I tried googles way to setup push with my gmail but it comes up invalid password after it gets done doing it's thing.

Also how do we get push with Facebook?
  2. NumbLock

NumbLock iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0
    Do you want a popup every time you get mail? Otherwise, Gmail just works - you get a pleasant beep/chime with new mails.

You would have to download the iPhone app to get puts notifications from Facebook. Personally, I just use the website, but there are no notifications that way.
  3. Wakawaka

Wakawaka iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I would like a popup but some e-mails I need right then and there. I don't care so much about Facebook push but emails are main focus for me.
  4. DaWeav

DaWeav iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I setup Google Gmail using Google's way to 'Set Up Your Apple Device for Google Sync' and it works just fine without prompting for any passwords. Nice since I have an Android phone which no both Calendar and Contacts sync all the way around no matter where I change them.

As for Facebook push, I loaded the iPhone Facebook app which does badges, alerts, and sounds, but I don't use it for Facebook. I instead just open it to clear the alert and then use Safari or the MyFriends HD app to view and respond in Facebook.