What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Contact delete on iPad doen't sync/update on Gmail address book

aionee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I am running iOS 4.21. I have setup the Thunderbird to sync with Gmail and Gmail to iPad via Exchnage active sync.

All works well except that deleting a contact on the iPad doesnt trigger the sync update to Gmail. Strange thing is creating a new contact on the iPad, it is able update or sync/push to Gmail. Calendar edit is also sync/push to the Gmail.

Anyone here can help on this issue? Any solutions for this iisue?

Another issue is when using the iPads multitask app switcher between
the AppStore app and Safari, there are times where it crashes Safari itself. Before the crash, at the multipage screen of the Safari almost the entire screen is covered by a white patch. Then clicking any available pages will couse Safari to crash.

Anyone here have encounter simillar issues before?
Any solutions for this issue?

Thanks.

OP
A

aionee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Anyone here have experience this issue and is able to give some advise?

Thanks in advance.

Rvh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I sync regularly with gmail contacts without problems. Did you check if your sync was set for "two way" as opposed to one way?

OP
A

aionee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Rvh,

My calendars are definitely two-way because any schedule change on my iPad changes the one at Gmail and at Thunderbird.

But not so with contacts. If I add a contact on my iPad it does sync with Gmail and then Thunderbird but if I delete the contact on My iPad it will not delete on my Gmail and Thunderbird. If I create another user on my iPad, it will delete the previous user i deleted and the new contact will appear but the supposed deleted contact is not deleted on my Thunderbird.

May I know how do you confirm If it is a two-way communication for the contacts between Gmail and iPad?

Thanks for you help.

sh0nuff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has there been any resolution to this topic? I don't mean to drag up old topics, but seems little sense to start new ones to address something already identified.

Basically, I am a mobile device trainer, so as thus have 9 mobile phones, and move 3 active SIMS between them all. Google sync is a boon to me because it doesn't motter what device I add my info to, it syncs with the cloud and updates them all... However,m when I got an ipad and synced my address book, everything as worked fine, but now I have this issue. I have added a contact to my iPad like I do with all my other devices, and whilst it shows up on my ipad address book, the information has not been synched with the cloud and any of my other devices...

thoughts?

Jeffas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I am having the same problem. I have got an iPad 2 with Microsoft exchange set up. Syn works fine when editing contacts or deleting from gmail but not the other way when deleting from iPad, it will not delete on gmail. Otherwise sync contacts works fine.

Please help.

Thanks

Jeffas

dustrho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having a similar problem as well. I've added a new contact in Contacts on my brand new iPad, but it hasn't synced up to my Gmail contacts list. Is there a fix for this a setting I can look at?

Thanks.

Most reactions

Latest posts