What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

protecting ipad2

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
hi all,has anyone come up with a homemade protective film for the back of ipad2?

OP
Pinkpoison

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ClingWrap?

lol, jk, actually very interested in something of this sort!

i tried clingfilm and it wouldnt stick,it stuck to me,to itself in fact everything but my ipad,someone has used clear sticky back contact paper,the sort that comes on a roll from stationers,dont know how it works long term tho,you know,any residue or detriment to the aluminum back

Svrdhd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmm.. Surely there is some kind of advanced 3M adhesive on the market that would allow for easy removal from surfaces such as the iPad/MacBook Pro. At that point it would just be the question of 'what' one would apply and less 'how'.

OP
Pinkpoison

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm.. Surely there is some kind of advanced 3M adhesive on the market that would allow for easy removal from surfaces such as the iPad/MacBook Pro. At that point it would just be the question of 'what' one would apply and less 'how'.

its worth thinking about,i mean the prices that are charged for what is after all just plastic

Svrdhd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, very true..
Not to mention that you will have a finished product that is all-together unique and irreplaceable! Food for thought, no doubt!

Pants

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

this is my first post but thought I'd jump in as I wondered if you'd thought of car body wrap. Comes in black white carbon etc and isn't expensive for a massive great sheet and can be shaped to fit the curves and cut with a sharp blade.

if you want an idea of how to fit car wrap search youtube for geekwraps they've got some good tutorials! (Up to you but I wouldn't use a blow torch as they have in their vids lol)

hope that helps.

Pants :D

OP
Pinkpoison

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

this is my first post but thought I'd jump in as I wondered if you'd thought of car body wrap. Comes in black white carbon etc and isn't expensive for a massive great sheet and can be shaped to fit the curves and cut with a sharp blade.

if you want an idea of how to fit car wrap search youtube for geekwraps they've got some good tutorials! (Up to you but I wouldn't use a blow torch as they have in their vids lol)

hope that helps.

Pants :D
thanks,worth a look,you can introduce yourself and get welcomed to the forum,you picked a good one.

Rob.Skully

iPF Noob
Reaction score
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-F8N631EBC01-Snap-Shield-Apple/dp/B004X8R7VA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1311382705&sr=8-1"]Amazon.com: Belkin F8N631EBC01 Snap Shield for Apple iPad 2 - Clear: Electronics[/ame]

if you search on Amazon they have other colors too.
Rob ....

Last edited:

kevin roach

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try Griffin, I've got the mil spec rubberized cover that comes with the screen cover. It has a plastic inner shell that protects the iPad itself. This is covered with a rubber cover with flaps covering all the open ports. Love it. http store.griffintechnology.com/ipad/survivor

OP
Pinkpoison

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
thanks all,i got the Incipio feather in the end,goes well with the smart cover.

Shanea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do a search on ebay for this

BLACK LEATHER CARBON FIBRE EFFECT CASE For APPLE IPAD 2

For £7.99 i think its great

(i cant post links yet, noob, lol)

Most reactions

Latest posts