What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problems updating itunes

DexHealth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iTunes 10.2.1 will not update on windows vista...attempt new install and getting error msg bounjour services not able to access. Any one in having this issue?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same problem with 10.2.1 and Vista. I restarted my PC and that fixed the problem. If it persists, press 'Control', 'Alt', 'Del' at the same time and select 'Task Manager'. Then see if Bonjour Services are running. If they are stopped, see if you can manually restart from the left hand control panel.

Get back to us if the problem persists.

Tim
Scotland

OP
DexHealth

DexHealth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
I had the same problem with 10.2.1 and Vista. I restarted my PC and that fixed the problem. If it persists, press 'Control', 'Alt', 'Del' at the same time and select 'Task Manager'. Then see if Bonjour Services are running. If they are stopped, see if you can manually restart from the left hand control panel.

Get back to us if the problem persists.

Tim
Scotland

Thanks Tim! The services are not loaded..when attempting to reinstall iTunes receiving error msg unable to start services and unable to install bonjour pls verify if you have admin permissions. I have admin permissions and continue to receive the same error..any suggestions?

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Did you install it as administrator?

Never used vista :( Went straight to win7.

OP
DexHealth

DexHealth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hasty said:
Did you install it as administrator?

Never used vista :( Went straight to win7.

Yes! Thanks for all the support. The issue is resolved, I had to reset the registry..

OP
DexHealth

DexHealth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DexHealth said:
Yes! Thanks for all the support. The issue is resolved, I had to reset the registry..

Cant wait to purchase a Mac mini...completely feed up with Microsoft.... -:)

Stephen777

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same problem. What I did was I actually uninstalled iTune and moved my iTunes data to a different folder, then I reinstalled it and put everything back in my iTunes folder.

Most reactions

Latest posts