What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem with sound

Kaff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone I have a question would like to know how to fix the sound on my NEW iPad 2. I haven't had it even 3 months and already the sound has gone out. Please let me know what I can do. I hit the reset/restart button 3 times & refreshed it all out of ideas. PLEASE SOMEONE WITH TECHO SKILLS HELP. THANK YOU

Last edited by a moderator:

SaberOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I haven't decided if I'm a fan or not but I sure like it thus far! :D Anyway, welcome to the money pit hobby of mobile madness.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you lost all sound, or just some sounds?

Double check you did not slide the mute switch on the side of the iPad.

OP
Kaff

Kaff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks SaberOne didn't feel like much of a fan a few hours ago either. I had a sound issue with my BRAND NEW iPad 2. I thought I haven't had this thing even 3 months and all ready it's giving me the blues. However, I found a solution to my problem while researching a solution. Anyone out there with a sound problem with your Apps or the keyboard clicking sound this is how you fix it. Hit your home key at the bottom of your iPad TWICE. After you do that you should see a bar/dock appear for easy access to other apps. Scroll to the left and where your iPod settings are look for the sound picture hit it to make sure it is not on mute (like mine was) :) THERE YOU HAVE IT. I hope this helps anyone with this problem. Enjoy your iPads guys

OP
Kaff

Kaff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Have you lost all sound, or just some sounds?

Double check you did not slide the mute switch on the side of the iPad.

Thanks f4780y for the assistance I just found the solution  Wondering though the iPad 2 doesn't have a mute switch on the side does it only the sound button for volume adjustments right.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaff said:
Thanks f4780y for the assistance I just found the solution  Wondering though the iPad 2 doesn't have a mute switch on the side does it only the sound button for volume adjustments right.

That button can either lock rotation of the screen or mute the sound depending on how it is set in settings Settings >> General >> Set Side Switch To

The Archangel

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Kaff said:

You can change what the switch does between rotation lock and mute in the Settings app. Many folk change this then forget and slide the switch.... If you change the setting, the soft key you pressed to mute becomes the rotation lock key...

OP
Kaff

Kaff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
You can change what the switch does between rotation lock and mute in the Settings app. Many folk change this then forget and slide the switch.... If you change the setting, the soft key you pressed to mute becomes the rotation lock key...

Didn't know you could do that thanks for the info. 

OP
Kaff

Kaff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
That button can either lock rotation of the screen or mute the sound depending on how it is set in settings Settings >> General >> Set Side Switch To

The Archangel

Thanks Gabriel for the heads up learning new things everyday with this. ,"k
Kl
Ki

SaberOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's been my experience with anything tech' that most issues are easily solved in settings. Especially if something goes weird following an update or resource install.

luralin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I first heard new iPad 2 has this problem, so you have checked all the button problem? hope you can get a well iPad at last.

John Daerson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad is the wonderful device!! i love all the apps of iPad 2.. Well all the tech issues in iPad can be solvd easily thru the manual and Google!

Most reactions

Latest posts