What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem with Notes

Jackhammer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Today I received all of my notes from my iPad 2 in my email account. I now realize that I had turned sending them on, have turned that off. Is there any way to get them back? I need them for meetings on my iPad.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
As long as you did not delete them from the email account, go back into your account settings and turn them back on. They will re-sync.

If you deleted them out of the email, they may still be in your trash. Put them back in the folder that you deleted them from before syncing.

Here is another thread on Notes, loss, and syncing. In post 11 I make a few suggestions for keeping local notes, or using Evernote. http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/42916-ipad-notes-problem-2-a-2.html

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there and welcome.

There is lots of good advice and info on here plus plenty of members all too willing to help with any problems.

Remember, search is your friend.......and please don't forget to read the rules http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html & hacking section rules for all you jail breakers (and would be jail breakers) http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/2892-hacking-section-rules-please-read.html

We also have an app for this forum. A link to download the app is: Discussion Forum for iPad Users for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

The Archangel

Reaction score
Question

Today I received all of my notes from my iPad 2 in my email account. I now realize that I had turned sending them on, have turned that off. Is there any way to get them back? I need them for meetings on my iPad.

Hello, how do I turn the email "on"? I'm trying to send notes to my email but it's not working?? Please advise. AV

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello, how do I turn the email "on"? I'm trying to send notes to my email but it's not working?? Please advise. AV

It's not really sending. It is syncing, and it is only available with certain account types. The ones that I know of are:

GMail (default IMAP setup)
iCloud
Yahoo

I'm sure there are more, but I don't remember what accounts have been mentioned. These are the accounts I have and can confirm myself.

To check just go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars, an tap on your account settings. There will be a series of switches which may include Notes. If it does you turn that on and your notes will be synced to a folder in your email account. If you already have local notes, these will stay on the iPad (probably) and you will see a new account button at the top of the Notes list. You will also get a new default account option in Settings > Notes.

Regardless of whether you can sync notes, you can mail them. The option is at the bottom of the note.

Apple is probably going to make some changes to Note syncing soon. The advertised features of OS X Mountain Lion and iOS 6 will require at least some tweaking. This will probably only affect iCloud accounts, but may spill over into other account types, with what affect I have no idea.

Most reactions

Latest posts