What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Notes

Proteus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Could someone please tell me how to stop my iPad from automatically sending me 27 copies of every note I create using the Notes app. I've tried turning Notes off in my email settings, but, when I do that, all of my notes disappear. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do these 27 copies appear in your Sent mail folder? It seems a very strange number, that's all and I'm trying to get a handle on what's going on here.

Tim

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
When you set up syncing with an account the Notes app generally syncs with a folder in your email account. This only works with some types of email accounts. If you want to get rid of this you can use the following instructions. Hold in mind that when you are done the only backup of your notes will be in the iTunes backup, and you can't restore just the notes from that. You'd have to restore the entire iPad to get the notes back.

Turn off your note syncing.

Now open the Notes app and make one note.

Turn your syncing back on.

Open the Notes app.

Wait a bit for the iPad to re-sync your notes. When it is done you should have a new Account button above the list of notes. When you tap it you'll see All Notes, On My iPad, and and the account name you were syncing with.

Tap on the account name. Select one of the notes, tap and hold to Select all and Copy the note. Go back to the On My iPad account, create a new note and paste the results.

Do this for all notes you want to keep on the iPad.

When you are done you can turn note syncing back off in your account.

Personally, I only use Notes as a kind of editable clipboard for copy and pasting between apps. Evernote is far more reliable and versatile. Once you sign up it supplies an email address you can send your current notes to, making it easy to transfer your current notes. Give it a look.

Last edited:
OP
Proteus

Proteus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks

Notes are associated with my gmail account. If I create a new note, the next time I open outlook on my desktop PC, that note will be delivered into my inbox multiple time... The last time it was 27.

I think I'll just use a different app, as one of you suggested, (one that does sync with anything) and see how that goes.

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Most reactions

Latest posts