What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem updating new OS

wiltzerranch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since the newest ios update, I have not been able to update my ipad. It takes 15 hours plus to download and then fails with an error message. All apps are taking forever to download as well. I did not have these problems before. Is anyone else having these problems and is there a fix for them?

guest980

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same problem. iTunes hangs, freezes, then closes. 4.2.1 to 5. Using vista. I suspect there's not enough ram in the pc. Suggest you create a new account free of all aps.

tom041652

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did anyone else but me have a problem with the username when trying to download/upgrade Apps
after the upgrade? It took me 4 hours to finally get my iPad 1 restored trying to upgrade to 5.0.1
However now all the installed Apps will run but not upgrade because it says I don't know the Password
to upgrade them. I Reset my password 3x but no joy. It works if I log into the store
with the Web Browser but if I tryto upgrade the five apps that need it the password doesn't work.

Something that I've noticed is with the new operating system 5.0.1 my username has been changed
to my e-mail address but on the previous operating system my username was just something I made up
using my first name and some digits but now 5.0.1 uses my full e-mail address as my username.
This is my problem I knowbut I don't know how to fix. I restored my iPad three times and this is the only problem
that I am having. The apps I'm having problems with our games so it's really no big deal but it bugs me.

Any help would be appreciated.

And I am new to this forum so if I posted this in the wrong place I'm sorry.

Tom

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts