What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem setting up email from MS Exchange

cwatson69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having a problem trying to set up the email account from a MS Exchange server used by where my wife works. When adding the account, I have double checked the Server, Domain, Username, and Password's are all correct. I have contacted the IT admin to see if "Active Sync" is activated for her account. (It is.) I also am the webmaster for the school and have an email account set up on my iPhone with this same server. (Obviously the only differences are the username and password.) When I try to check for email from this server I get an error message that states: "The connection to the server failed." The IT admin said he sees where it is trying to connect but the log is showing that it is not recognizing the username or password. I can go to the Safari browser and type in webmail.theirdomain.com, type in her username and password, and login just fine.

Sorry for the long post, but as you can see I've tried several different things but with no success. Does anyone have ideas of what might be going on?

Thanks,
Chuck W.

NetNathan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I assume you also resolved SSL.

Try using the IP address for the server name. That has resolved a few of my connection problems across different platforms.

Most reactions

Latest posts