What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem Changing Apple ID... Honestly!

SPROINGY

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
On Apple’s advice, I tried to change my Apple ID, but couldn’t. Here’s what happens: I go to appleid.apple.com and click on Change Apple ID. I enter the new (3rd party) email address I want to use. I get a message saying that a Verification Code has been sent to that email address. I check, it’s there, next I go back to appleid.apple.com to enter the Code- this takes about half a minute- and I’m back at square one- the 3rd party email address I had entered is gone, I’m at Change Apple ID again, so I tap it and enter the new 3rd party email address I want to use once more, they send me a Verification Code, I get it, rush back to appleid.apple.com, and again I’m at Change Apple ID. And the wheel keeps spinning like that.

Has anybody here had this issue? Can anyone suggest a workaround or solution to this? I really need to know, as I’m doing this on Apple’s advice.

Thanks! :)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
In the email with the verification code, there should be a link to verify the email address. Tap or click the link in the email to get to the right page, enter the verification code, click or tap Verify, and then Done.

OP
S

SPROINGY

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ahh, J.A., Apple never explained about this... Thank You! :)

OP
S

SPROINGY

iPF Novice
Reaction score
In the email with the verification code, there should be a link to verify the email address. Tap or click the link in the email to get to the right page, enter the verification code, click or tap Verify, and then Done.

J.A., I sure wish it worked like that for me, but it was different. First, in Appleid.apple.com, after entering my new Apple ID email address, I get a message that the Verification Code has been emailed to that new email address. *And* six little boxes to enter the 6 digit code appeared in appleid.apple.com. As I mentioned, the email has arrived in my inbox, it has the 6 digit code, but no links to click on, so it seems the thing to do is to get back to appleid.apple.com and enter the 6 digit code I’d been emailed in the little boxes that *were* there. But when I’m back, the Verification Code entry boxes are gone, I’m back at Change Apple ID again...

I don’t know what’s wrong. But Apple ID’s can be changed. :)

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts