1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Changing Apple ID

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by DeniseB, Oct 28, 2012.

1. DeniseB

DeniseB iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Can anyone help me? I had used my work email as my Apple ID (stupid, I know), and I had had a personal email as my rescue ID. I just changed my rescue ID to another personal email address, but I am prevented from now changing my primary ID to the former Rescue mail address. I tried this in settings (for Apple store) and also at appleid.apple.com

Nothing is working. It displays my new 2ndry email as rescue, but keeps rejecting the personal email address, claiming that it's still the rescue email. Seems like it's a cache problem somewhere. I cleared cookies and history, but it's still not working.

I'm doing all of this via my iPad2.

Any suggestions?
  2. KevinJS

KevinJS Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +839 / 0
    Have you tried setting up a gmail account and using that as your AppleID?

I've never tried changing my primary email address so I don't know that it's even possible.

Sent from my iPad using iPF
  3. DeniseB

DeniseB iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I got an answer from Apple support. It involved logging into the AppleID.Apple.com, and then proceeding to "Password and Security", instead of to the "Manage Your Account", which is where I'd always gone. I was successful in changing my rescue email through the Password & Security page, saved it, and then went on to the Manage Your Account page, where I was ablt to change my primary Apple ID to the new email address that I wanted. NOW, the problem is that I don't know how to change my iPad to use the new email address as my Apple ID. The Apple store doesn't appear to have a place to change it, and the Settings tool doesn't either (ugh).
  4. DeniseB

DeniseB iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Okay, I poked around and found a thread online. The thing to do is to go to Settings, select Store, click User ID, then Sign Out, then Sign In with new email as Apple ID. This worked