What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Printing

samgilmore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok just got Ipad2 had an Asus Transformer android . I could print from Asus to my WiFi printer Is there a good app so I can do this with my IPad?

Luber

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh, yeah! AirPrint Activator. OSX 10/6 only, free, the app runs in the background and links through your Mac to the wifi printer. Of course, this is useless unless you have both your Mac and your iPad, but it works great around my house.

OP
S

samgilmore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Luber said:
Oh, yeah! AirPrint Activator. OSX 10/6 only, free, the app runs in the background and links through your Mac to the wifi printer. Of course, this is useless unless you have both your Mac and your iPad, but it works great around my house.

I don't have a Mac. Any other way? What an app printer share?

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What brand printer is it? Many manufacturers have their own app.

Otherwise, I use PrintSharePro via my PC. It will then to any share that is set-up on my work PC, also does direct print to wifi printers apparently.

OP
S

samgilmore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dhewson777 said:
What brand printer is it? Many manufacturers have their own app.

Otherwise, I use PrintSharePro via my PC. It will then to any share that is set-up on my work PC, also does direct print to wifi printers apparently.

I have a canon mx882 ut did print with my android using printer share. I can't get it to work with my Ipad2

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
samgilmore said:
I have a canon mx882 ut did print with my android using printer share. I can't get it to work with my Ipad2

Canon's limited app Easy Photo-Print may be compatible, but limited to printing photos and PDFs I believe.

Probably one of PrintnShare Pro's sister apps will work - wireless printers should work out of the box, wired printers need an add-on app on PC to print to every shared printer on he network.

OP
S

samgilmore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dhewson777 said:
Canon's limited app Easy Photo-Print may be compatible, but limited to printing photos and PDFs I believe.

Probably one of PrintnShare Pro's sister apps will work - wireless printers should work out of the box, wired printers need an add-on app on PC to print to every shared printer on he network.

Thanks for all your help I will work with printshare since I already have it and see if I can make work. Thanks to everyone for your help.

scotts62

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Finger Print (from collobos.com) this creates an airprint print server for any attached printers ( I use a Canon Pixima Printer). There is a Mac & Windows version.

Another option I have tried is PrinterShare Mobile available in App store which supports direct IP printing from IOS device to network attached printer, but this only prints in B&W.

Scott

Most reactions

Latest posts